Thursday, July 5, 2012

Teaching the tools, and do it yourself goodness

it's been awhile. it's not like there is anyone out there reading this... if you are, out there, please leave a comment. (but,,, not you mom ;)

homemade bow and arrow setanyway, i took the daughter to see "brave" this past week. she loved it. for myself, i could only think of how much i had enjoyed, and still enjoy, disney's "robin hood" and how that had always placed a kernel of as far as archery was concerned.

so... i made junia a bow out of some sticks from riverside park and three arrows with wine corks as tips. this was not complicated, but i did it with her. showed her what i was looking at when i picked out the different branches and twigs. explained the reasons for each part, let her have some input on little things. when we were done it worked great. it fires about 2 feet and has helped her to understand the complicated, yet sublime tools of the trade.

 she wants to come train with me now in august. it makes me wish i could make my own, i guess the only things stopping me is time of coures. it also makes me want to start working
with a longbow... though i'm not quite crazy yet.

one thing though. she still wants me to promise not to kill a deer. i think that's a good thing overall.

juina hunting the ever elusive honey bear

2 comments: